The crypto market is very unstable. In order for the use of a cryptocurrency to be convenient, it is necessary to find a multifunctional platform whose token can withstand general trends at least a little. The Waves project is controversial. Nevertheless, the number of users of the platform of the same name and the DEX exchange is growing. WAVES coin shows good dynamics even in a bear market. Let’s try to understand the prospects of the project and try to predict its price in 2019 and 2020.
The project was launched even before the general insanity of dubious ICO. In 2016, the Waves team collected 30,000 bitcoins. At that time it was not such an astronomical sum. It was a top-notch ICO by today’s standards. For example, a ballyhooed BitTorrent crowdsale raised $7.2 million. In terms of the current Bitcoin price, Waves accumulated about $100 million.
BitShares and NXT became ideological inspirers of the project’s team. Moreover, the Waves community was formed thanks to people from the NXT.
At its core, Waves is a classic blockchain platform similar to Ethereum. It was created for ease of use and mass adoption of the blockchain technology.
The functionality of Waves platform is as follows:
- issue, transfer and trade with crypto;
- cryptocurrency storage and tracking, as well as integration of fiat currencies into a personal wallet;
- exchange trading on DEX with the possibility of using fiat;•
- creation of tokens and applications;
- smart contracting.
To enjoy all the functions of the platform, you need to install Waves Client, Waves Wallet on your PC. There will be no problems with this, because these applications run on all major operating systems. In addition, the Waves applications are available for iOS and Android mobile devices.
The platform features a functioning atomic swap. It is possible to exchange cryptocurrency between different blockchains. The transaction is guaranteed by one contract for both blockchains.
The coin platform has the same name as the platform itself. It provides its functionality and reward to the owners of the nodes. The number of tokens is fixed – 100 million.
You can buy this coin on almost all top exchanges. These are Binance, Bithumb, Huobi Global, HitBTC, and a dozen of others. However, trading volumes on some of them are inadequate for efficacious trade.
Waves price today:
Leased Proof-of-Stake Algorithm and Waves-NG Protocol
The reviewed blockchain has two key peculiarities:
- Solution for decentralization (LPoS).
- Network Scalability Solution (NG).
The LPoS algorithm (leased proof of stake) allows all network members to participate in consensus. Not everyone can afford to “pay for” the node. In the case of a classic PoS, the circle of participants reaching consensus is significantly narrowed. But Waves allows to lease their tokens by the owners of the node. The reward for the transaction will be received by the node, but the lessor will also be paid in proportion to his contribution to the business.
Waves-NG provides high bandwidth. You can hear about thousands of transactions per second. But real indicators are much more modest. 100 transactions per second is the actual throughput of the network. Nonetheless, this is a very worthy indicator.
This throughput is achieved by dividing the block into micro block and key block. A node creates a key block by sending it to the network. But this block does not contain transactions. All records are in micro blocks, which are created after the key one. It takes 1 minute to create a key block, but the micro block creation interval is only 3 seconds.
DEX Decentralized Exchange
A decentralized exchange is one of the most famous products from Waves. Nobody bothered with the name: “D” means decentralized, “EX” means exchange.
You can trade top cryptocurrencies on this exchange. Moreover, you can deposit and use fiat at this marketplace. But in order to use this service, you will have to go through the KYC procedure.
The application for trading is also available on mobile devices, including those based on iOS. Binance, for example, did not dare to create a mobile application for owners of the IPhone and iPad (to be exact, such an application was created but wasn’t implemented).
Is Waves a Scam?
A lot of users leave unflattering feedback about the platform. In various forums, you can find messages that “Waves is a scam.” But do not make hasty conclusions.
Here are the main reasons for dissatisfaction with the platform and explanations of their mistakenness:
- Many folks complain about the lack of decentralization of the network. The fact is that all the funds that you get on the platform are frozen in the gateway. In case of doubts about the legality of a user’s activities, Waves can freeze these funds until the circumstances are clarified. Centralized control over the gateway does not mean centralization of the blockchain itself. Moreover, Waves reports such risks in the user agreement, Whitelist, and the study materials. The need for a strict AML KYC policy is related to the fact that the project intends to cooperate with the governments of different countries.
- Many users have been victims of phishing programs. In 2018 unknown tokens with suspicious links came to Waves wallets. The one who followed these links could witness the “act of unprecedented generosity.” It was possible to get a lot of crypto in some 2 minutes, indicating only the key to the wallet. Indeed, a multitude of coins were received in this way, but not by naive users. Fraudsters hitched a jackpot.
As you can see, scam is chasing us everywhere. But it’s incorrect to say that the Waves team is engaged in fraud.
Waves Coin News
The platforms team, which is headed by Sasha Ivanov, a technology entrepreneur, is working to improve their product. On January 30, 2019 a message appeared in the company’s blog about the beginning of a full transition of the platform to RIDE, the native programming language of Waves’ smart contracts. This should expand the functionality of the system.
At the end of January 2019, the platform integrated its smart accounts and smart assets into the Microsoft Azure Marketplace. In February, the basic Waves applications will be significantly updated. In the spring 2019, an airdrop from the private blockchain Vostok is expected.
Waves Price Prediction 2019 / 2020
The pricing of this cryptographic asset is determined by a number of fundamental factors.
The list of factors of positive dynamics include:
- More and more applications are being created on the Waves platform.
- The information policy of the project allows the community to find out all the most important information about the platform and its functionality.
- The price of the coin shows relative stability even in a bear market.
- The actual decision to involve all users in reaching consensus may be of interest to new participants.
- The interest of various government agencies in the decisions of Waves.
Potential deterrent factors are as follows:
- The dominant platform for applications and tokens is still Ethereum.
- The project hasn’t solved all the issues of centralization and hasn’t brought these decisions to the community.
- The market is in a certain stagnation in anticipation of new technological solutions and new major players.
So, the prospects for the growth of the Waves rate in 2019 and 2020 are quite clear. The main target of the first half of 2019 at $5 per coin is quite achievable. In any case, we expect smooth growth throughout the year (excluding fast situational pumps and subsequent corrections). However, we are waiting for the main growth step not earlier than next year.